Saturday, September 20, 2008

Life's like that

Noah at Yo Sushi

My daughter, Kamsin, an English language teacher in Japan, recently spent a fortnight in England. The first week was dull and overcast, but at least we could go for walks along the coast; the second, it rained almost every day. During that week, we went up to Manchester to visit my younger son, Gavin, his partner, Kay and baby Noah. Manchester has a reputation for being wet, and it certainly lived up to it. It wasn't too bad whilst we were eating lunch at Yo Sushi, or inside the Manchester Art Gallery, but in between the two Kay had to go to Primark (cheap store) for a pair of wellies as her feet were sopping wet.

Today, and for most of this week, the sun has been shining!

6 comments:

Kamsin said...

Your link is wrong! It goes to my old blog when I used to be on blogger! Weird that someone Japanese is now using that url!! But I think I read somewhere Japanese is the most commonly used language in the blogosphere!
It's been rainy lots here the last few days, but it's hot and sticky too which isn't nice!

carole said...

I will amend my link. The one on my wordpress blog is correct. It's still sunny here. I'm off to post my French ECA. In a week's time, I'll no longer be a student!

Jan said...

Bet it was lovely being with your family.
Fascinating re Japanese being so commonly used on blogs!
Good being in touch again.

Jan said...

Can we have some more posts please Carole!?

carole said...

I really must try to post some random thoughts on here next year. meanwhile there is a poem on Disturbing the Dust.

SandyCarlson said...

Always the way! I am glad you had a nice visit!