Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Good News Day

My blogging break turned out to be rather longer than I had anticipated. This morning I heard that a poem I had submitted to the Forward Press in 2007 is to be published this August in an anthology called Family Matters. The poem is called 'Staying Bright' and is about my mother. My poem 'Boxing day Baby' was published in Southern Poets last year. You can read it here. Publishers do seem to like autobiographical stuff although I don't consider amongst the best of what I write. On the whole, I'm happy just to keep publishing on my blog.

4 comments:

Geraldine said...

Wow, congrats Carole, that is just great. Is there somewhere online that I can read this work? I'd love to. Well done and keep on writing. I agree, editors do seem to like biographical works. I certainly do; they touch so much closer to the heart, don't they?

Huggs, G

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

carole said...

Thanks, Geraldine. I've now added a link to my Boxing Day baby poem. I'll be adding the other one and will let you know as soon as it's posted.

Geraldine said...

A powerful read Carole. And definitely one near and dear to your heart, that's for sure!


www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

Gel said...

Superb news! Congrats (Even this many months later.) I will read it later. Bookmarked it for now. Time to paint- I enjoy it and it pays the bills.